Friday, October 20, 2023

Abandoned Asylum and Necromancy Hunt @ Deception


As you make your way through the various events centered on Hallowe'en this year, be sure you don't miss the Sales and Hunts @ Deception

Two hunts are running simultaneously: the Ghost Pirate has dropped coins all over the place, which you can collect to trade for unique merchandise and there are lots of free gifts hidden around the Abandoned Asylum for the Necromancer Hunt. Watch the local chat to follow the story and for occasional hints.
 

My editor assigned me a story about the Abandoned Asylum just to get me out of his hair for a while. It was to be a fluff piece to fit the season. I was supposed to document the presence of the child spirits that were rumored to be haunting the place. 

I dressed in a cropped Halloween tee from RR that I had purchased in the marketplace just outside the boundary of the Asylum property. I tried to call my editor to tell him I was headed in, but my phone was dead. I could have sworn I charged it. Good thing I had my trusty back up camera!


As soon as I passed the property line, a heavy fog enveloped the land. It was strange and unsettling, but not particularly frightening. An agitated voice in local chat seemed to be looking for somebody. Well, I was looking for someone as well.  I might run into these Beck brothers along the way. I took a flashlight from the box provided and started toward the Asylum.


I found what I was looking for: there were at least 3 child spirits in various part of the Asylum, as well as several other ghosts and various other unhealthy-looking characters in some of the cells. 
The children were the ghosts of childhood abuse. One responded to sibling rivalry by repeatedly taking a butcher knife to a baby in a pram. I was a little surprised when she turned the knife on me, but she didn't hurt me badly. 


Another spirit child sat alone in one of the cells humming to herself and rocking. Her response to neglect had been to become totally locked inside her own head, so I left her to her sad solitude. 


In one of the dayrooms, I heard giggling. A little prankster was playing peek-a-boo behind the cell door. The most disturbing thing about her, besides the strange Raggedy Anne makeup she was wearing, was that I couldn't catch sight of her directly. I could only see her from the corner of my eye or when I turned quickly. I did get one picture of her and surprisingly, she cast a shadow. Not a ghost after all.


I left the Asylum and started to make my way through the woods but discovered that no matter how far I walked or which direction I turned, I kept returning to the Asylum. 

Frustrated and craving some diversion, I rested in the Asylum lobby and exchanged the pirate's treasure I had accumulated for a nice tank top from The Moonstone Studio. I changed into the tank hoping maybe the bright leaf print would trick the Asylum into releasing me and headed outside to try again. Hours later I was still wandering the woods and arriving back at the Asylum. Finally, exhausted, I laid down in one of the cells and fell asleep.


I awoke to discover that someone or something had maneuvered me into a strait jacket while I slept. I've been here 13 days now. I've been eating these mushrooms that are growing in one of the cells. The blue ones make me forget all about being here. 
I don't feel lonely. The girls keep me company and a sweet spider shares the mushrooms with me. 
I hope someone comes to find me soon. My arms are stiff and I can't move them at all. It's going to be really hard to type my story.


*Deception is a tribute to the Deception TV series. This M region welcomes folks of all species and orientations. Visit with a sense of humor and an open attitude and you'll feel right at home. There are frequent dances and Hunts as well as seasonal activities. No nudity or lewd behavior, please. The Ghosts don't approve of it and neither do the living residents.

Whether you want to become actively involved in the RP to continue the story of Deception, or you just want to shop and do the Hunts, you'll have fun.

Hair ~ No.Match No_Chat
Head ~ Lelutka EvoX Avalon 3.1
BodyMaitreya Lara 5.3
Skin Gloom Riley 03
Outfits ~ RR Halloween Tree Tee #17 / The Moonstone Studio Haunted Halloween and Autumn Top / Hilly Haalan Feme Bell Bottom Jeans
Nails ~ [QE] Designs Tapered Square Nails Halloween 001
Jewelry ~ Chouko Rosa Boochi Pumpkin Ghost Earrings
Straight JacketGothik Asylum Jacket and Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment